New User
Hi,

The Power Lift on our 37 B is leaking into the
transmission. Im looking at page 56 of the jd parts guide,
pc-676.

Im not sure what parts to order.

I think I need part #s 57 and 59.

Can someone let me know what I need to stop the power
lift oil from getting into the transmission?

Thanks,

John

John,
You should definitely replace the 2 packing washers, item # 57. Suggest you hold off ordering item # 59 until you get things apart and inspect it.
You should also replace item #5. This is another place where hyd. oil can leak into the rear end.

John,

#59 is pressed into the rockshaft housing from the inside. You can remove it with a hammer and a drift from the outside of the rockshaft housing. The inside face of #59 is machined smooth and rides against the machined face of #58. When I worked on mine about 20 years ago the machined faces of #58 and #59 were both in good shape. All I did was replace #57 and #5 and I haven't had a hyd oil leak since then.

Thank you for the explanation.
I doubt mine is bad either. Ill do as you suggested and only purchase 59 if needed.
Thanks for all your help. This tractor has been in our family since 1959 when my grandfather purchased it.
My dad is now 82 and would like me to handle the leaks so he can enjoy it as intended.

John

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back