39 B clutch driving disk removal

BMud

New User
Hello. Im working on a 39 B (Early Styled) clutch to hopefully figure out/fix the oil leak problem. Any tips on removing the driving disk. I had a short amount of time to work on it a week ago, but couldnt get it to budge. Didnt want to force it too much then. Was afraid to put some heat to it not knowing the consequences. If I spray something like Thunderbolt to it a few times and let that soke in will it help break it loose (without getting any on the clutch facings)? Any tips?
Thanks
 
My opinion would be to make a puller out of a piece of 3/8 flat bar and drill some holes that will align with the ones in the drive disk. Then use an impact an tighten a little at a time while tapping on the center of the flat bar. It will come off. I would not use heat at all on this.
 
I used a wheel puller on my A. Be careful !! I attached the "hook" of the puller to a thin portion of the driving disc. In my case I don't break $.45 threaded studs with my mistakes, I like to booger $165 parts. LOL

Good luck,
Dean
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top