40 foot wood ladder

Mike M

My sister has a 40 foot wood Bauer extension ladder she wants me to sell it for her. I'm trying to get some kinda idea what to ask for it ? It was hardly used but is about 20 years old and has been stored in a heated building. Has some paint and tar splatter on it though.
So what are your opinions on a price for this ? I see NEW ones list for $550.

Several year ago had the one that belonged to my wife's grandfather, always in out of the weather and in good shape, too heavy for me to lift, sold at an aunts auction and it only sold for $ 1.00, ONE dollar. Was mighty dissapointed. but have a problem with heights so I could not use it.

Today most people use fiberglass and they are heavy as is, you'll be lucky to get someone to take it for free as they are so heavy it'd take 4 men to lift and move. I would run my employee's off if I told them to use a 40' wooden ladder ! They might even file workers comp, saying they hurt their back lifting it (which might really happen).

Yes they are heavy.

But the Bauer web site says 98 lbs. ? This must be for each half ? It has been a long time since I lifted it.

Mike where are you located?

I have always preferred a wood ladder but like the others have said they are not worth much resale. I paid 15 bucks for a 26 footer at auction.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back