4010 hydraulic problems

Richard55

bought a 4010 app 1 year ago. changed all fluids, including hydraulic fluid,filter, and new sump screen. Hydraulics have always been slower than my other 4010. checked pressure at remote at the time and was 1900 psi. yesterday went to use the tractor and had steering, but when hooked to implement, no hydraulics. then lost steering. put gauge on remote and it would read 0 then surge to 1200 psi app every 20 seconds then drop back to 0. oil level is good.
is ther a check valve in the system anywhere or anything in the pump that would cause this or could it be the supply pump in the transmission. only thing i can think of is replacing the pump.

Does it have a destroker screw in the hydraulic pump?

If so, screw it in and start the engine and run it for a minute, then back out the destroker screw.

Sometimes this will let a piece of debris pass the stoke control valve in the pump and it will function again.

If NOT, or no joy, don't just start throwing parts at it, first verify flow from the transmission pump to the hydraulic pump.

Since it seems to kick in randomly,I would think its a supply issue,,plugged sump screen or filter,,and I have known a few times when too heavy of transmission oil was used...The heavy oil will not pull through the sump screen well.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back