4020 Powershift

Skychief

New User
Could I get some opinions on the vaule of a 1964 John Deere Powershift? Its a diesel with new tires. I know the standard 4020 is not worth as much as the Powershift. The man wants $13,000, so is this reasonable. The tractor needs a paint job, but mechanical good.
Thanks in advance

If high quality tires that is worth 2,000-2,500 dollars including new tubes and the service call. The same tractor with its old
and presumably worn tires would be 10,500-11,000 dollars going by the asking price. A second remote would be worth several hundred
dollars today. Tractorhouse has made it easier to thumb through its auction results section and that may give you an idea as to
value. At the same time the seller may not be interested in comparable sales. It would be nice to buy it closer to 10,000 dollars
given your appraisal of the condition but in today's market the seller most likely will not go that low.

I think it's to high. A 64 will not have
diff lock and will still have the big 4010
style injectors that are very expensive to
work on. Needing paint it should be less
than 10000. Keep shopping 14 should get
you a very nice 4020. Tom

I have bought and sold many 4020s The last 6 months things have changed some but to me thats too high.No diff and no 3 pt plus being a 64 . I almost always buy side counsel but the earlier ones do have manually engaged PTO which can be a plus.Tires hours and condition can make several thousand difference. Each tractor is different !

Are you responding to the OP or me? I just watched a plain 3020 row crop, forward console,1 remote, synchro with WFE, diesel, and worn out 16.9 X 34 tires sell at auction for 8,400 US dollars this morning. I'm not seeing many early 4020 diesels selling for under 10,000 dollars currently never mind side consoles. I think the OP was trying to say Synchro Range when he said standard because he said as opposed to Power Shift. Might be different in the Midwest but prices here have shot up in the last 5-6 months tremendously.

There are several on big iron auction, mostly central states, the amount bid varies but some have quite a few days before the
auction ends. I think only one was a Power Shift. Amount bid varies from $1469 to $9000. My brother sold one for $9000 just a few days ago that was in pretty good
condition.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back