420 slant steer

jaydee

Member
How difficult is it to change slant steer to straight steer? I dont care for the slant would prefer straight. Dont care about originality.
 
I've got a straight steer dash i'd sell.Not to much of a problem,you would need a different steering shaft.I might have that also.
 

You can change your 420 with mine :-). Mine is an all original (mostly) all green phase I utility. It's a nice contrast to my phase II 320 standard that is 14 sn's away from being a 330.
Adrian
 
Would rather do that, but 420 tractors in my area are scarce, plus no demand. Can't sell it nor find another.
 
What model 420 is it that you have? I have all the correct parts to make it a straight steer, dash casting, throttle handle, steering shaft and even a pretty good steering wheel. If your universal joint is in decent condition, I would trade you even up if your interested. (Your dash casting, universal joint, steering shaft and throttle handle, if they are good) Just that I would pay for shipping out to you and you pay shipping out to me. The parts I have are very nice. Give me a call at 631 806 1181 if your interested.
Thanks
Jeff Rottkamp
 
Not sure where you are located, dont want to make anyone else mad trying to sell stuff but I have several straight steer dashes in the barn. . . Ever driving thru North Central Ohio you are welcome to throw one in your truck and take it home with you free of charge. Typically those dont need replaced on a tractor (so there is not much demand) and they can be kinda heavy to ship; I dont have the heart to scrap good parts so Ive collected half a dozen or more of them. Make sure you get one that does not have the steering shaft bushing all wallowed out and you should be in good shape. The steering shaft (as others have said) is the major difference, you can still use your throttle lever with the bend in it (straight steer dash throttle levers are not bent to match the steering wheel). One of the biggest challenges/pains of the whole process is driving out a rusted roll pin that holds the throttle lever to the dash. Ive had some that are so stuck they hardly move after heating, oil soaking, etc. Easier to remove the throttle rod bracket from the water manifold and remove the dash/throttle rod together and work on them in a vice. . . for me anyway.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top