430 case oil leaks

2002 max

New User
I have a 1967 430 case diesel , I pulled it apart due to hydraulic oil getting on the clutch disk I put 2 new seals in the hydraulic pump drive on the front of the torque tube (behind the throw out bearing) upon reassembling I topped up the hydraulic oil to confirm leak was fixed and it’s leaking out between the pto shaft and the input shaft. I don’t See where or how the oil can be getting there . Resealing the hydraulic pump drive probably wasn’t the original problem. Unrelated but I have resealed the double lip seal seal in the rear end and the 2pt lift seals in the past due to hydraulic oil getting into the rear and oil. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

It is not clear where your leak is or what you are referring to as the input shaft.

This pic is an older tractor not exact as later 430. If the leak is between the hyd pump drive shaft and the main drive & pto shaft where the toothpick is then the hyd pump drive shaft inboard seal is leaking. That is a seal that you changed when you pulled the hydraulic pump drive out.

Joe
cvphoto74086.jpg

It is leaking between the smallest shaft(pto) and the middle transmission shaft. I cleaned it up really well and watch the drops form in between the two shafts

In the differential cavity under the Eagle hitch cover??? Again an older tractor pic may not match later model 430.

Joe
cvphoto74106.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think your leak is the Pilot Bearing, Seal & Oring assembly in the flywheel. When everything is assembled, the Seal in the flywheel seals that shaft. We stock everything.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back