430 diesel air cleaner questions

OK. I have a 430 CASE (diesel) that I am overhauling for a guy. It had a ton of sludge in the oil pan and spun the #4 rod bearing. I have the engine tore down and all the crank, block, head and rods are off to the machine shop. I am working on cleaning up all the part as the machine shop is a few weeks out. I got to the air cleaner and when I took the lower cup off I noticed that the main body has NO mesh in it. I have never seen an oil bath air cleaner without the wire mesh. Is this how they came or did someone take out the wire mesh I have found the reason I am overhauling this engine LOL

As Klyde said,you found it. Yes, the air cleaner came w/ mesh in it. We keep the mesh in stock. The 188 diesels used 2 different head gaskets, early & late. The late head gasket will fit loose on the early sleeves and soon blow. Take notice. The suppliers say the late head gasket is universal and will work on both blocks, but the bottom line is they can't change the law of physics.

I figured as much, just wanted to be sure I wasnt missing something. Thanks for the replies and double checking me LOL

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back