gloria7

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by WTW on January 16, 2017 at 07:08:17.
The original subject was "Re: 4440 PS ?".

I am having a similar issue with my 4440 power shift however its 5th gear slips under load. I just got the tractor and decided to install JD 3rd remote with beaver tail. The parts were used and when I first drove tractor at low rpm and shifted to 5th it killed the tractor. I tested the remote and found it wasnt holding pressure so I replaced it and things where good till I was discing and 5th slips. I changed filters and oil and certainly got better however still slips under load. Transmission oil is at 205 and holds in all gears which is a bit high and return oil element pressure checks are good <3psi however I was noticing that it said to get the 10psi for the check initially in park or neutral, park is 10 but neutral is zero is that normal? Is it possible to have return oil system pressured up from leaks to the point it back pressures the transmission circuit?

yes and it was clean, there was a post awhile back that indicated there was a screen in one of the ports but i couldn't find the post again have you run across such a thing?

No ports with screens in them,,copy this diagram and take it with you on a test drive, use a hill if you have one, start out in 1st ride your brakes a bit to make it pull, slowly shift through each gear and mark the ones that fell weak, them
n tell me what you find. This is not as good as test gauges but it will help sort it out.

cvphoto28928.jpg

Each time you make a gear change 3 elements are engaged,,so this test will show wich ones could be suspect.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back