5.50x16 tires

fixerupper

Finally got the old digger in the shop and got the tires off. Been looking on the net for cheap 5.50x16 tires to throw on but the word cheap does not fit here and most tires I find in this size are front tractor tires. Miller tire has 5.50x16 implement tread but for a fairly high price. Is there anywhere else that you guys know of that might carry this tire for $75 to $100 each? Car tires will work but finding a used car tire in that size wont happen anymore. Thanks.
mvphoto90850.jpg

My local NH implement dealer has 6x16 tractor fronts for $69 , old 7.50x16 truck might work . Also I have some fairly recent smaller car 16" take offs that I would try.

I put 16 Dunlop motorcycle tires on the front of my 511B Case. Look real good and they were free during
the Sturgis Rally. The guy wanted me to take 4.

Just put a old pickup tire on it will out last those implement tires and old 16 inch pickup tires are easy to get. If your close enough I would give you a couple for it. Mid MI.

Casecollector I will have to snoop around at the local small ag tire dealers in this area. I do have three 600x16 tractor fronts but they are designated for the front of a couple of tractors I have. The other tractor fronts I have are already on old equipment. Question for you, does your digger have a place for a drive chain to come up from the right side wheel? Mine has a shield for a chain and above the shield there is a stub shaft for an idler or some kind of an idler assembly. I suppose this is for a fertilizer attachment? It's the only attachment I can think of that was used back in those days.

This post was edited by fixerupper on 04/18/2022 at 08:16 am.

Yes, mine is set up that way also. I would guess yours is older as it has the spoke wheels. Painted mine red as that was the color I found
while wire wheeling them to paint.

There is evidence of red on the wheels on mine. I sand blasted and primed the inside of the rims along with welding a few pin holes.
mvphoto90911.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back