5000 hydraulic issues resolved...kinda long

Fred Werring

Posted this a week ago

My son was using the 5000 grading the hay storage area while I was hauling in round bales, said the loader and grader blade were
acting up.
Got it up to the shop, return line for the loader
( got one of those blocks under the remote to supply hydraulic to the loader joystick) seemed to have back pressure on it, and
grader blade (3 point) will not lower. 3 point control lever seems stiff.

Seems like the return for all the hydraulics is blocked...looked at a diagram, is the unloader valve the last thing in the circuit?
Played with the flow control, no help/

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Fred
---------------------------------------------------------------

Turns out I had 2 problems, first one was the three point control valve was stuck in the up position.
Pulled off the top cover, pulled the plunger, couldn't pull valve out. As soon as I loosened the front plate, the valve released.

There's a groove machined in the plate, as you can see the spool was hitting the edge of the groove. Why it started doing it now, I
have no idea. There's enough slop in the bolt holes in the front plate that the spool could hit if the plate wasn't floated in with the valve depressed. Ground a little relief in the
groove for the spool to clear no matter where the plate was tightened down, problem solved, 3 point works like a champ.

Also had one of my dual remote spools sticking. Took it apart, found the detent ball had gotten out of it's retainer and was jamming
the spool. There was a slight groove worn in the spool where the ball rode (shown in pic). Rotated the spool 180 deg, used some
washers so the handle would work, cleaned all the rust out of the return spring area, all good now.

Also found out.....don't smack the handle trying to unstick the valve...you will break off the end of the spool as shown by my weld
job.

Got a week of sunny weather coming up, time to mow hay.

Fred
a192511.jpg

a192512.jpg

a192513.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back