504 front end brace broken

Mouse2003

New User
I have a broken sway brace housing broke from transmission how do you repair this, trans housing broke from bracket

Depending on justwere it is and how close to bearings and seals. Heat it up then weld the old piece back on then let cool slowly for about a day should be good to go then. If close to gaskets ,seals or bearings then the housing has to be stripped so as not to damage any parts.

(quoted from post at 07:13:08 08/01/23) Depending on justwere it is and how close to bearings and seals. Heat it up then weld the old piece back on then let cool slowly for about a day should be good to go then. If close to gaskets ,seals or bearings then the housing has to be stripped so as not to damage any parts.

The piece is missing back to the 3 bolts can the piece be on trans be replaced

when i got my 1962 IH 504 tractor , the wishbone ball near the clutch housing was broke already and was fixed, they did a pretty good job considering one of the three bolt holes in the housing was broken off, they made a plate that went on both sides of the tractor and one on the bottom and welded the ball holder to it , so this was kinda they way they fixed it , its worked fine for the 10 years that i owned the tractor
mvphoto108340.jpg

mvphoto108341.jpg

mvphoto108342.jpg

[/img:c48cc86096]

(quoted from post at 11:31:33 08/07/23) when i got my 1962 IH 504 tractor , the wishbone ball near the clutch housing was broke already and was fixed, they did a pretty good job considering one of the three bolt holes in the housing was broken off, they made a plate that went on both sides of the tractor and one on the bottom and welded the ball holder to it , so this was kinda they way they fixed it , its worked fine for the 10 years that i owned the tractor
mvphoto108340.jpg

mvphoto108341.jpg

mvphoto108342.jpg

[/img:c4ce81c563]

This looks similar to mine
Thanks for the pictures

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back