Looking for a 284 Diesel Thermostat Housing

taburge

New User
New to the forum. Found it while looking for a part. Looks like alot of good information on here. Im trying to find a thermostat housing for a IH 284 diesel i picked up that somehow has this part broken. I suspect it must have froze and cracked. It had only water in radiator when I drained and flushed it. Tractor runs great, starts right up. I realize the new parts are hard to find, but does anyone have a take off housing or know a salvage yard that I could call? The part # is 1058298C2.

I went through that last year looking for one for a 274 with the Nissan diesel engine. There wasn't a used one to be found. I found a local guy who welded a 1/4" plate of aluminum onto the cast aluminum base, then machined it out for me. That was my only choice. He did all that for $100. The few used ones (that all turned out to be NLA) were listed for more than that.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back