560 Battery

Robo

New User
I have a 560 with 2 6volt batteries. Could they be replaced with a 12 volt battery? Is there some advantage of having two 6volts?

Thanks for your help!

Bob
 
Diesels need a lot of "crank", especially when it's cold. The 2 batteries just extend the total capacity or "size".

If they are 6 volt, you'll notice that they are hooked in series to make 'em come out to 12 volts.

I like to hook up two HUGE 12 volt batteries in parallel on diesels used in the cold.

Allan
 
I have two 12's in parallel on my D19. Can't tell a lot of difference, but I think they might hang on a bit longer on cold starts.

The only reason I did it was I needed batteries in a hurry and our local farm store was out of 6's, so I stopped by Walmart and got two 12's.
 
I use one battery in my 560 diesel. It is the same battery used in ford diesel pickups. There is room for two but I don't use it much in the winter.
Ronald
 
I ended up buying 2 6 volts for the price of one 12 volt.....I had a big 12 out of a semi for a while but the 2 sixes seem to work fine so far....
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top