5600 lift arms not working

bluegrasmtns

New User
It’s odd. Have a late 80 5600 that has Bush Hog Front end loader
with plate underneath remote spool that works regardless of asc
valve placement. Front end works fine With plenty of power.
Remotes work fine. Lift arms won’t lift. Changed hydraulic fluid and
filter and it’s full. PTO works great. Just changed a leaking o ring
under the plate that goes to front end loader. Thought it was working
fine before that but hadn’t been using it a lot as it’s third, backup
tractor to my other two.

What do I look for next? Have moved from draft to lift and back and
forth. Speed known for hydraulics doesn’t seem to do anything.

pics might help. Recently changed o rings in the power beyond plate and remote spool, honestly can't remember if 3 point worked before and after that, since I was checking FEL and remotes for operation and didn't think about 3 point at the time.
cvphoto52486.jpg

cvphoto52487.jpg

cvphoto52488.jpg

i'm guessing... the plate is new... and you pulled off the hydraulic flow..... to the loader control, but do not return it to the return port on the plate with open center loader controls... therefore you cut off all flow to the 3 pt.

but there are serveral types of plates so my guess could be wrong....

but... if you plug a hose from one port on the plate and then plug the other end of the hose to the other port on that plate, I'm guessing your 3 pt will start working.

and thats what you need to do basically when you plumb in your loader... pull the flow out... to the loader valve and then return it from the looder valve to the other port so that the rest of the hydraulics gets flow also.

(quoted from post at 16:55:53 08/05/20)
i'm guessing... the plate is new... and you pulled off the hydraulic flow..... to the loader control, but do not return it to the return port on the plate with open center loader controls... therefore you cut off all flow to the 3 pt.

but there are serveral types of plates so my guess could be wrong....

but... if you plug a hose from one port on the plate and then plug the other end of the hose to the other port on that plate, I'm guessing your 3 pt will start working.

and thats what you need to do basically when you plumb in your loader... pull the flow out... to the loader valve and then return it from the looder valve to the other port so that the rest of the hydraulics gets flow also.

Plugged hoses in and out of the plate into each other, didn't change anything.

What if, the plate was put back on with the lift control pulled all the way up? Take plate off, push lift control all the way down, reinstall plates? I swear it's got to be something simple.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back