6 volt battery supplier

gossy

New User
Hi folks - Anyone out there buy a 6 volt battery recently? I'm in need of one for my '51 and was wondering if I can pick one up up at Sears or if I should go through my local Ford tractor supplier.

TIA for any suggestions
 
In NC many auto parts stores carry them on the shelf==just have to look for them. Saw one yesterday in Advance Auto. Also, TSC carries them on the shelf.
Clyde
 
Gossy..........I like the batterys sold by (byte my tongue) my local John Deere dealer. I have them in both my 12-volt dual battery Dodge Cummins Diesel and my eazy starting 6-volt 52-8N. They beat Sears DieHards (which die eazy). Tractor battery are MORE RUGGED than automobile batterys. And they are CHEAPER........Dell
 
Tractor Supply sells some decent ones. I read the discription tag of how well they are built with heavyer duty plates inside. I looked at the batteries and they look industrial quality from the outside anyway. The price was reasonable and right about what anyone else would charge for one.

Mark...
 
Try O"Reily,if you have one near by.Made by Interstate and 2 year warranty.I think I paid less than 50.00.Most6 volt have less than one year warranty
 
Get a "Dura-Start Heavy Duty HD1"-I think you can get them at your local Tractor Supply Company-mine has a green label-I know it is at least 3 years old and is still going strong
 
i have bought the 1-vhd interstate batteries, and the tsc batteries.. whereever I was closest to seemed to work fine.

soundguy
 
I bought one from TSC last month $39.75, in Tomball, TX. Not all carry them and Wally world did not have any 6 volt, but this is a urban area now. Texas keeps selling prison farm land to real estate developers.
 
We had a JD 850 4x4 (Yanmar) from new, recollect the OEM battery lasted over 8 years in it. When it finally bit the dust, went down to the JD dealer we'd bought it from, told them I wanted another one of them Nip batteries like came in the tractor.

The owner laughed, said they couldn't get the Japanese batteries that came in them, sold me an American-made tractor battery. One thing I liked about the original battery, was that it had a translucent case, so you could tell at a glance when the fluid level was getting low.

Last battery (6V) I bought for the Jubilee, came from the local Advance Auto Parts, think it was about $40. Say's it's a truck battery. Year and a half later, still going strong.
 
TSC used to sell a PowerPro farm and commercial battery that was the better of the two they sold. Installed December of 2000 and still strong. 51 8N is always outside. Started after sitting at zero overnight when it warmed up to about thirteen degrees and had sat in the sun for a few hours. Keep the top of battery superclean so it doesn't discharge thru the trash that builds up on the top
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top