6 Volt Coil Wiring

Matt Lewis

New User
I am completing a 1952 8n 6 volt (positive ground)reserection. I have managed to replace all of the cracked and broken writing on the tractor with the exception of the two wires that run to the coil (as they were not there to start with).

I have ordered the repair manual that everyone recommends on this site but it has not arrived yet (hopefully there is a good wiring diagram in it).

My question is, does the wire that connects the coil to the primary post on the distributor connect to the positive (+) side of the coil or, as it is a positive ground, does the wire from the distributor connect to the negative (-) side of the coil? I bought a high performance 6 volt coil from this site and I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks for any help that you can give me with this.

Matt
 
always try to match coil polarity to battery polarity.

and remember.. points are ground.

all ya need to know.

soundguy
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top