601 work master hydraulics

gbs

How can the hyd fluid be pumped into the transmission? The tractor in question shortly after start up will start oozing hyd oil out around the shift
levers.

Hdy lines go threw the transmission so if on gets a hole in it the fluid goes into the transmission

Yes, what old posted. This is not an uncommon problem. The hydraulic lines pass through the transmission, and if the tractor sat without the water from condensation being drained out, the tubes can rust through. They can be repaired by at least two different methods.

Here is one thread about it.

http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=893860&highlight=tube

I did not find a leak with either tube on that tractor. I did find the seal on the counter shaft bad letting the fluid migrate. I did not experience his issue at all I just went by what he said. What he said seamed to be the pattern I have read about so went after the tubes.

Moral of the story, I will pull the shift cover on the next one and confirm the issue. It was not a loss on that one the transmission had issues it would have been nice to confirm a tube was the issue beforehand.

If the seal between the sumps leaks, it should not push the fluid out the top of the trans. The level may be slightly higher in the hydraulics sump than in the trans, but the two sumps would find a final common level of equilibrium. If the hydraulic sump lost enough fluid for the fluid to come out the top of the trans then there has to be some pressure behind it, not just gravity.

thanks for the replies, I finally got a chance to remove the tube and sure enough it had a hole in it, from the appearance of the tube I wonder if electrolysis caused the hole as there wasn't any rust on it except some small etching next to the where the hole was eroded thru?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back