63 ford 4000 starter button 1 wire q:

> i dont care to remember how many times the mech was just 20' away from the tractor on the dirt road, and the tractor was in mud where he couldnt service it. push the starter, limp it to the road by just turning it over and the tractor got fixed.

So it happened once. That's what they make log chains for. If it's really necessary to bypass the safety, it's easy enough to rig up a temporary jumper rather than permanently defeat the interlock.

I [i:654c4848f0]really[/i:654c4848f0] don't care to remember how many times I've heard of someone killed or maimed, or of property damage, caused by a tractor that was started in gear.

And I don't care to remember how many times you safety Naz - er nannies have thought it their business to tell me how to run my life.
Give it a rest.

I've done it too on rare occasions.

Yet another reason to convert to a 12V starter after converting to a 12V electrical system.

(quoted from post at 06:49:28 10/15/23) And I don't care to remember how many times you safety Naz - er nannies have thought it their business to tell me how to run my life.
Give it a rest.
ome on now..you have seen enough of his postings by now to know that MarkB_MI knows everything better than anyone else..at least he thinks so.

all i know is this forum saved the day again. i just got my fields cut with a sticky clutch that i was able to start with being in 1st!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back