630 hood and gas tank removal

old bones

Need to take the hood and gas tank off. Tank is rusty inside, and I'd like to do the bolts/nuts/washers in the tank and spin it on another tractor's rear tire thing. Took the nose and grill off already. Looks like it would be a bugger to get the steering shaft loose and pulled out, so I could get the tank/hood off in one piece.
This is a project tractor, and I need to find and repair power steering leaks, build alternator brackets, completely rewire it, and other stuff. I think it would be a lot easier to do these with the hood and tank off, too.
Is it possible to take the hood off, then take the steering shaft off, then the tank?
I took the A apart years ago to paint it, and that came off in one piece, but I could pull the steering shaft out by the steering wheel. This one doesn't look friendly at all, with 2 u-joints tucked up against the hood, and not sure how to go about taking it off without taking the hood off.

Somewhat the same, but a little different than working on my B, A, and 60. Not sure of the best way to go about this.
Open to suggestions/instructions.
Thank you.

Hood and tank come off separately. If you need to repair PS leaks you'll be moving the steering shaft anyway, then get to the tank.

I agree with Deeretails - the fuel tank will come off without bothering the steering shaft. The hood will come off without bothering the tank or steering shaft.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back