Steve in IL

Looking to restore a 641 to the original style metal tube
going from the air cleaner to carb. It currently has a flexible
radiator hose installed. This website sells the metal tube,
but does not indicate what size rubber hoses should be
used on either end.

Any suggestions?
cvphoto111046.jpg

6** series tractors used molded rubber hose as OEM equipment.

Available from CNH, DC, others.

SDT

Air Cleaner Tube - Has 1 5/8 inch outside diameter. For tractor models NAA, Jubilee, 601, 541, 600, 601, 611, 620, 621, 630, 631, 640, 641, 650, 651, 661, 671, 681 gas and LP 1953 and up. Requires two 9N9652 air hoses, not included. (Part No: EAE9620B)

Hmmm. I think, based on looking through the parts book, that the metal tube was original. Perhaps its been replaced by a rubber tube.
cvphoto111093.jpg

Not on the 6/7** series tractors.

As clearly labeled in your photo, 8/9** series tractors only.

Dean

Dean, while I agree, that is what the drawing is labeled as, it is the only example for 1958 gas models in my parts book. Further, Yesterdays Tractors parts look up identifies the single piece rubber tube as Air Cleaner Hose - Rubber air cleaner to carburetor hose is not like original metal tube.

But Im starting to think that youre right, because the part number 311112 references up to the single hose, and no 6x1 is listed for the rubber hose connectors. Interestingly, 6x0 models are listed to use the (2) rubber hose connectors.
cvphoto111107.jpg

Why is the air cleaner outlet coming out at an odd angle? Shouldn't it be vertical? How could it possibly mate up with the 90 degree intake pipe and short hoses?

I don't think that's the original air cleaner.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back