1974vette

I have a 650 diesel serial number 501
I am starting to slow down and will probably never get it finished. Tractor starts runs bug has compression in the radiator, sheet metal is not good but I have enough good parts to complete the tractor. My question is what’s a fair price to ask? I hate seeing it sit and deteriorate but don’t want to give it away either. I look forward to the comments.

Can’t help you with a value but I have this for you. I am not sure where you are at but I know there is a family that lives near Rush City, MN that may be interested in your tractor. They have a collection of McCormick Deering W4 - W9s and a couple of 600s and 650s I believe. They bring them to “Anderson’s Rock Creek Relics” tractor show in Rush City. Jonfmn likely knows their names, he lives near there.

Does the engine have the same serial number as the tractor? If the numbers match, I would think it would be more valuable to a collector.

I am starting to slow down and will probably never get it finished. Tractor starts runs bug has compression in the radiator, sheet metal is not good but I have enough good parts to complete the tractor. My question is what’s a fair price to ask? I hate seeing it sit and deteriorate but don’t want to give it away either. I look forward to the comments.
Those 650 diesels, Yanmar made a bunch of them. Simple 2 cylinders and very easy to overhaul.

Because it's a green machine, the prices for one are sky high in the market place over the competitors in that era.

1706839427507.png

Start with what you paid for it. I'm not saying that's the price you should ask, but use that as a starting point for your price. If you think you got a deal on the tractor, double the price. If you think you paid too much, try to get your money back out of it but don't be surprised if you don't.

You could also put it up for auction, but not one of those small local consignment auctions where everyone brings their junk. This tractor would be ideal for one of the big collector auctions because being 501 it is a collector's piece.

Whatever number you come up with, remember that you can always come down on your price, but you can never go up (ethically).

There are 21 results for 650s on Auctiontime.com if you have an account there. Prices range from $16,000 for restored creampuffs to a few hundred for derelict junkers. "Runs and drives" tractors run from about $3000-$4500. Nicer unrestored examples sold in the $5000-$6000+ range.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back