656 3 pt problem

Saucymynx

New User
Hey ya ll. New member and first post here. I have a 656 that won t hold the 3 pt lift at full height. When i lift the hitch it goes most, but not all the way, up. If i pull the draft control all the way back it will lift all the way up, but the draft control lever returns to the mid-position when i let go of it. Is there something to tighten to keep the lever all the way back? I don t want to just start putting wrenches on things without checking in with the experts! Thanks!

Here is the link to the IH on line diagrams. Some part numbers are mising because they are not being sold. CaseIH tells us they will put them in, but it is not a high priority. Jim
CaseIH parts store.

Like Jim said about tightening up the friction on the lever shafts you may have to do some adjusting on the linkage . For this ya need the BOOK and I T manual will become your best friend.

Thanks for the guidance everyone. What is it clear to me and looking at the parts diagram is if there is a way to tighten up the friction disc on the draft control lever. I assume the lever, 59, mounts to the shaft, 61. I don t see a nut listed to hold that on. Any ideas? Thanks.

I am pretty sure all of this era of IH tractors will raise higher when you pull the draft lever all the
way back. It should raise high enough with just the raise/lower control lever. That being said, the draft
lever should remain in place, as other below have said. Mark.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back