660 IH tractor

Grabatire

My neighbour asked me if I would be interested in a 660 has he wants to sell. I'm not. He's not sure if he should put it in a
local auction or advertise it. Tires are real good, engine runs great; does not use oil, tin is nice and straight except for some
minor dents on the fenders. I suggested he should expect $3500.00 to $4500.00. Is that close?

Location can be everything in tractor sales like that. Tires next and running or not you covered 2 out of 3 so now just location.

Define "local auction."

Does it attract quality equipment and a good crowd buyers, or is it one of those deals where everyone drags in their junk?

Here we have a big Mennonite auction operation that does a big equipment auction 5 times a year, has equipment across the board from new to junk, attracts hundreds to thousands of bidders, has online and live bidding. I would take a 660 to this auction, especially if it is running, looks halfway decent and can drive through the sale barn. $6000-up.

We also have a fly-by-night one-man operation who runs 2-4 consignment sales a year. The stuff he attracts ranges from pretty well used up to absolute junk. Occasionally someone will try to sell something good there but it rarely goes well for the seller.

The location is near Red Deer, Alberta. There are two local auction companies that have four consignment auctions between May and October that sell whatever the consignors bring in. The items range from parts machines to good quality ready-to-work. Because of the difference in the US dollar compared to the Canadian dollar these auctions are well attended by US buyers. When I say 'attended', I mean via online, as live auctions have all but disappeared here. A friend of mine worked for one of the auction companies and told me that in the days or weeks following an auction there would often be several semi loads of equipment heading to the States.

rustred, I'd like to send a pic but previous efforts to do that on this site have not been successful. I get a message back that says the size is too big and I don't know how to make it smaller.

Yes I know what u mean. Lots of our tractors have been moved there over the last 40-50 years. I dont know how to make pic smaller either but somehow my go through. Send me an email and then I can send my ph number to u for the pic. I got 8 of them 660,s , super in tractor pulls also.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back