6v headlight bulbs

Factotum

I guess this is a valid reason to upgrade to 12v? I can't find the 4019 bulbs anywhere for a reasonable price here in Canada. $16-$20 each US translates to $65 US each after shipping! I don't like being cheap but come on it's an incandescent bulb! I looked into led conversion bulbs but no luck since nobody makes them in 6v. It's pretty unfortunate since I was able to get the 6v charging system working (cleaned contacts in the reg) and there is a new 6v battery in it. Anybody know where to get some incandescent or leds in Canada that fit the 4019 housings in 6v? Thanks guys!

(quoted from post at 11:03:12 11/22/23) I guess this is a valid reason to upgrade to 12v?

it's your tractor. a valid reason to upgrade to 12 volts is because the owner wants to.

(quoted from post at 07:03:12 11/22/23) I guess this is a valid reason to upgrade to 12v? I can't find the 4019 bulbs anywhere for a reasonable price here in Canada. $16-$20 each US translates to $65 US each after shipping! I don't like being cheap but come on it's an incandescent bulb! I looked into led conversion bulbs but no luck since nobody makes them in 6v. It's pretty unfortunate since I was able to get the 6v charging system working (cleaned contacts in the reg) and there is a new 6v battery in it. Anybody know where to get some incandescent or LEDs in Canada that fit the 4019 housings in 6v? Thanks guys!
APA Canada, sells 4019 for $21.79. https://www.napacanada.com/en/search?text=4019%20headlight&referer=v2

If you are looking for a 5 3/4 inch sealed beam LED headlight, you are probably not going to find one. (maybe, I found one reflector for $65 in Canada and the reviews were not good) What you may eventually find is a semi-sealed beam housing that takes a H4 halogen base. That will fit a 6V LED bulb with a P43t base. I looked on Amazon.ca for 6V LED bulbs that will fit. (light bulbs 6v h4 led) There isn't much room for the standard connector for H4 (P43t) so you will need to find a low profile connector or improvise.

https://www.amazon.ca/EverBrightt-2-Pack-Lumens-Motorcycle-Headlights/dp/B01N2XYV4T/
$13.50 for a 2-pack. Makes me think I should have shopped in Canada, but the shipping might be just as bad going south as north. These are 900 lumen bulbs, which is adequate for a tractor. I got some 650 lumen bulbs which are just adequate.
https://www.amazon.ca/Ruiandsion-Motorcycle-Headlight-Projector-Non-polarity/dp/B0B38WQSLD
$21.99 each 1150 lumens. For a little more they sell 5-24 and 5-30V bulbs, so if you do change to 12V, the bulbs will still work.

This post was edited by Dave G9N on 11/22/2023 at 11:12 pm.

Napa Canada has the bulbs on their website but in reality they stopped carrying them, I assume due to availability. I'm going to keep looking, I do get
around southern Ontario quite a bit. I'll make stops into as many small farm stores and tractor salvage yards as I can and see what comes up. In the meantime
I'll check Amazon for the conversion possibilities. Thanks!

I bought a pair of NOS 4019s on ebay 3 or 4 years ago.

Think I paid around $40 for the pair, but I'm in US.

Upgrade? HHHMMM? Nothing wrong with 6V or 12V as long as done correctly and based on needs, condition, and usage. An everyday runner 24/7 would be my vote for 12V.
Because you can't get 6V Sealed Beams in your country reasonably priced is not a valid reason for a switcheroo, IMHO. I have complete 8N lighting kit that includes an
OEM NOS never used pair of FORD Tract-O-Lite headlights in the original Dearborn box, with the mounting cups and backing plates; a TAURUS Taillight with the License
Plate Bracket; both L & R Fender Brackets; the light switch; a copy of the wiring diagram with all parts listed; a copy of template for the switch that was mounted by
the AMMETER; and a good, used, restored FORD 8N 15500 Implement Lamp with the lamp in original box. Lights are all wired with OEM Pigtail connectors. You only need to
add a wiring harness of your choice. Will sell all for $1250 or separately. Headlights only are $850. Email open.

LIGHTING KIT, MORE NOT SHOWN:
aG80Juvl.jpg
m9V0XPil.jpg
AH9sIMkl.jpg
aGMY9Igl.jpg
YRaZ6A5l.jpg
bDlvePil.jpg
TXqFYsil.jpg
JbYLFkXl.jpg

Tim Daley (MI)

Back in the day,many of the 6v-12v convertors were used on old VWs to install a 12v radio. You should be
able to get 6v bulbs at a good auto parts store.

You should be able to get 6v bulbs at any good auto parts store. I used to get them for old motorcycles at
O'Reillys.

I found some. Old time tractor repair service. The older gentleman who owned the place had some old stock. $25 each. Really neat place to check out. Stuff everywhere.... :)

(quoted from post at 06:07:48 12/06/23) Tried to get single filiment 6V lamps to fit vintage Ford tractors lately?

The 4019 sealed beams are single filament, they fit in the Unity F1 housings that are on my tractor. I haven't tried out the taillight yet. It's a newer style plastic double-sided red and yellow unit. I'm undecided if I'm going to keep it or switch it out with something more period correct. It looks to be a 1156 or whatever it is in 6v. Is that what you're having a hard time getting?

I am working on an 8N and put a 4013 bulb in the rear light. It is a 6 volt sealed beam. You might try finding that number. I use the 1133 bulb for headlight bulbs in my 6 volt tractors.

This post was edited by Rodney51Cub on 12/06/2023 at 06:40 pm.

I guess this is a valid reason to upgrade to 12v? I can't find the 4019 bulbs anywhere for a reasonable price here in Canada. $16-$20 each US translates to $65 US each after shipping! I don't like being cheap but come on it's an incandescent bulb! I looked into led conversion bulbs but no luck since nobody makes them in 6v. It's pretty unfortunate since I was able to get the 6v charging system working (cleaned contacts in the reg) and there is a new 6v battery in it. Anybody know where to get some incandescent or leds in Canada that fit the 4019 housings in 6v? Thanks guys!
If your country doesn't supply 6V 4019 SEALED BEAM Headlights, what makes you think they will stock the 4419 12V version? I'd bet somebody somewhere in Canada has them reasonably priced. Try MASSEY?

Tim Daley (MI)

If your country doesn't supply 6V 4019 SEALED BEAM Headlights, what makes you think they will stock the 4419 12V version? I'd bet somebody somewhere in Canada has them reasonably priced. Try MASSEY?

Tim Daley (MI)
I know you're having some problems with the new format. Ended up finding some a couple of days later at an old time tractor repair shop. The place has been there for over 50 years. Owner is really nice guy. Knows most stuff off the top of his head. Recently picked up a pto seal and oil filter from him. Z1R Farm Importing. Bradford Ontario. Maybe the local guys know about this place, me being new to old iron, just found it. I doubt he'll be around too much longer. I think he's in his late 80s. Family helping out looks to be a bit out of their element when you see them following him around or just trying to assist him. He is pretty limber, grabs the stepladder and climbs up to various shelves when grabbing parts. Ask him to order something and he's on the computer and then says "come back in a week or two, your parts will be here. Thank you"

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back