6x4 Gator clutch and transmission

DVrepairman

New User
If not allowed in this section please remove. I have a friends 6x4 gator with a gas engine with a bad vibration about mid way through the rpm range. Pulled off the belt and the vibration goes away so to me that eliminated the primary clutch which appears almost new and the belt is in good shape. The driven clutch appeared to be ok but i noticed a fair amount of play in the input shaft of the transmission even though the shaft spun smoothly. I removed the transmission and split the cases. I took out the input shaft and the bearings are loose in the bores. My question is , is this normal?? My thinking is the bearings should be at least a light press fit into the bores. I have a fair amount of experience with bearings and bushings in gearboxes but not with these gators and clutch's. The machine is well worn and by the looks of the oil it hadn't been serviced in some time. Is anyone here familiar with these? I know there is a gator forum website but im having difficulty getting permission to post any questions. Any help or advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

What does it have for tires on back. If there like a lug tire them will cause a vibration as you pick up speed. Also check the driven clutch for the outside disk to be loose on its shaft because if it is it will wobble back and forth because the belt is worn more in some spots then others.

It does it while its in neutral as well as when your driving it so its not the tires. I will check the driven clutch though like you said , thanks for the tip!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back