I just bought a 67 706 gas tractor haven't got it home yet comes with manual. Tractor runs fine , shifts good and all the gauges work. Still in work clothes original paint ,very well taken care of rarely sat outside. Bought from second owner, he has receipts from a complete overhaul done in the nineties. It won't see any work harder than a 8ft blade 7ft sickle mover and 6 ft bushhog. Got a whole 2.5 acres and a 700ft drive way to use it on. By the way it's replacing a wd Allis that a fella down the road wanted and offered same as I paid 24 yrs ago. Might be looking for a plow for a plow day held about 5 miles away. I figure it would pull a 4~14 semi mount but think I'd rather have 3~16 pull type what do you all think? Thanks for listening.

Good for you! I would go with a 3x16 before a 4x14. One less bottom means less parts to buy. Plus,it is better to have a plow that may be a bit 'too small',vrs a plow that may be a bit 'too big'.I too have a 706,a diesel. Bought it in '84 ,with the 'matching' #314 rollover plow from the second owner.I have bigger and newer,but the '7' will be the last tractor to leave the place.

I've long been a proponent of not working the ever-loving snot out of an old tractor just because that's what it would have done when it was new.

4-14 is about what the tractor would have pulled new, and it could pull 4-16 or 5-14 in easy plowing ground, but it's not new anymore. Sure it's fun listening to it bark and thrash, but you also exponentially increase the chances of going home with a broken tractor when you work them to max capacity. Not only that but the thrashing is hard on you. Pulling something it can walk along with easily is still fun, is easier on you, and is easier on the tractor.

We had a new 1965 706 gas with a new JD 4-16 semi mount plow,which it would pull well and exhaust manifold would glow red when operating at night. During 2'd year engine burned an exhaust valve and did it again 2 years later. It dynoed at over 80 hp. We repowered it with a 455 Olds V-8 which was common around here and had no more engine problems and the Olds seemed to have better carburetion as it used no more fuel at light loading.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back