720 gas transmission

cstrucks

I have a 720 gas that has transmission problems. It is stuck in 3rd gear. I have pulled the top cover off and can see that I have some broken shift levers. My question is how do the shift rails come out so I can replace the broken parts? does the flywheel need to be removed? If so how big of a job is it to remove it? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Wish I could help, this site has always helped me with my 730 gas tractor. Mine has a distinct clunk in 1st and 3rd gear and I just use 2 and 4 instead. Only answer I have gotten is to start taking things apart and find the cause which usually turns into A LOT of money. Good luck and I hope you find your answer.........

On the left side the flywheel needs to come off, and the cast cover over 4th and 6th gear, on the right side, brake, the clutch, the first reduction cover. It is much easier if you remove the two rear wheels, ( the only way I have done it). You need the JD service manual and maybe the I&T manual, (can't remember other details)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back