oil should not ooz from there ??

My 4020 has a leak that has transmission fluid oozing out of the flywheel timing cover , I think it is transmission fluid ,i keep loosing fluid somwhere , now it seems to had really gotten bad ,.. probably a front seal to Power Shift tranny. In what condition can i expect the clutch to be in ?? Since its Power Shift ,does it even have a clutch? I am in need of a reputable shop in the Louisville Ky 100 mile radius to split this 4020. and do the necessary repairs ,. Any advice You guys could help me with is appreciated , JIM

My 4020 Powershift front seal was cracked in two places and leaking badly. The complete C1, C2, and PTO clutch pack has to come out and torn down to get to the pump/front cover area where the seal is.

To add to the seal issue ,, a lot of times the front pump wears to where it will push more oil forward than the front seal can deal with,,so be sure to check it for wear,,and I would be glad to repair it,, but I'm a bit out of the 100 mile range.. But I do have a 4020 here from eastern Tennessee for an engine O/H

tim s , Hello , Your county is a lot like mine Harrison IND..I am about as far as Kingsport TN , for distance traveled, I really don't want a haul that far ,,. Thank You for Your response and advice . Hopefully , I will find someone local and loyal to
Case having a c-! clutch pack changed out by one of the Whiz kids. I want to get everthing fixed now that i have retired.

(quoted from post at 09:36:53 11/21/23)
Thanks for correcting my mistake but in reality I think if tractor is split all seals pertaining to clutch pack should be replaced

ABSOLUTELY, Jim! LOTS of seals/seal rings involved and no better time to replace them than while the multiple clutch unit is already apart.

I find it STRANGE how small and ''thin'' that front pump seal is, it seems it wouldn't allow for any wear, play, or slight misalignment.

I've replaced them while in the PS for something else, but don't recall dealing with one that was leaking, though.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back