720 power steering

When I recored my radiator, I took out the top valves of the steering that attach to the steering shaft,thinking it had to be out of the way to pull the radiator. I thought I put it back together the same way, but when I started the tractor the wheels went all the way to the left and no matter how hard I try I can't get the wheel straight or to go at all to the right. With the tractor not running it will go to the right. Where do I start to figure out what I did wrong in the reassembly. It worked fine before I did the radiator. I have the power steering service manuel but I can't understand what this problem is from reading that information. Without understanding more of what I could have done to cause this , I don't know what to look for by taking it apart again. Thanks for any help.
 
You took the steering valve off, didn't you? Well, that is how you center the whole power steering unit. If you had a manual, it would tell you how to center the valve. (The valve is the box on the farthest to the right of the tractor, sitting on the seat).

Assuming that you DON'T have a proper service manual, the steering valve is centered by loosening the 4 bolts and tap the valve forwards or backwards until the steering is centered.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top