770 Power Booster

super99

I have a guy who wants the Power Booster out of the burned 770. I'm getting ready to pull the motor to get it out. It sets right against the front of the transmission, Is there a connector of some type between the power booster and trans shaft or does it slide onto the trans shaft?? He said his tractor doesn't have a power booster and he is going to add this one onto his tractor, will he need the top shaft out of the transmission also?? Maybe a better question would be; are there any special tricks to pulling the motor and power booster out of a 770. Thanks, Chris

He will need the top shaft and clutch housing too. You will have to unbolt the clutch assembly, like the pto clutches where the shims are to remove the engine. I'm pretty sure you will need to disassemble the power booster on the tractor as the housing in bolted the the front of the transmission. It's been a few years since we had ours apart. A sprag out of an over/under will work in that unit if he wants to replace it also. Way cheaper than the original.

mkuhns is correct, you have to take the band around the power booster off and then take the clutch apart. be careful not to loose any of the shims. Then pull the engine. Then you can remove the rest of the unit.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back