880 Power Booster

Good Afternoon all. This is my first post on the forums. My father (Germantown Green on this forum) are getting ready to reassemble our 880 power booster. I have read through the shop manual and have since discovered that there were many changes throughout production of the power boosters. This power booster is on a 1958 880.

The bearing that has the shield in my pictures is the bearing that came out of the power booster. I have located another older stock bearing that does not have the shield. The replacement bearing I have located does not have the slots milled out of the inner race of the bearing like the old one does. Should I be concerned about this or should I have slots milled in the new bearing and see if I can install a shield in my new bearing.

Thanks,
Bailey

OK. Couple of things- what's the Oliver part number and do you have the capability to post a picture of the bearings side by side?

Also, the Oliver parts book lists the original Torrington bearing numbers for the corresponding tractor serial numbers, assuming your power booster is original.

Scooter,

Yes the bearing is Oliver #102142

New departure 43l13

I tried posting pictures of the 2 bearings side by side but
they would not upload on my phone.

Bailey

My email is enabled in modern version. Send me a photo of the original bearing. 43L13 might've been the original part # "style" of bearing but NDH would've updated their part numbers to correspond with your features. Just to confirm, there's no snap ring on the outer race?

OK OK, last post of the night, but go on eBay and look up NDH part number Z993L13. Shielded on both sides, correct? I'm thinking that's your bearing?

That should cross to a SKF 6013 series for a more modern selection.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back