8 volt battery

Guy dropped his cub off yesterday for us to fix. It has an 8 volt battery that needs charging. My chargers have 6 or 12 volt settings 🤬.....now what?? Any advice?
I have charged them on the 12v setting with the charger on a low Amp setting. It does not need to stay on the battery long.....like 45 minutes or so. Just keep an eye on if it wants to start boiling.

Guy dropped his cub off yesterday for us to fix. It has an 8 volt battery that needs charging. My chargers have 6 or 12 volt settings 🤬.....now what?? Any advice?
think about that for a minute , a tractor with a 6 volt charging system and an 8 volt battery .

buy a new 6 volt battery and replace both cables that are no less than 1 gauge in size, 1/0 is my preference for 6-volt , quality cables that have soldered on ends and make sure that the grounding cable is attached to a starter mounting bolt .

if that doesn't solve starting issues then you may want have the starter serviced .

Go to Amazon.

6/8/12/14/24 Volt Battery Charger Automotive, JYEASTZ Smart Car Battery Charger 0-10A, Maintainer and Fully Automatic Charger with Cable Clamps, Suitable...$34View attachment 68923
I have one of these and put it on an 8 volt battery. It works. Problem with this charger is it resets to 12 volts if the power goes off. Be warned bad things will occur if left at 12 volts on an 8 volt battery.

think about that for a minute , a tractor with a 6 volt charging system and an 8 volt battery .

buy a new 6 volt battery and replace both cables that are no less than 1 gauge in size, 1/0 is my preference for 6-volt , quality cables that have soldered on ends and make sure that the grounding cable is attached to a starter mounting bolt .

if that doesn't solve starting issues then you may want have the starter serviced .
That maybe the answer...if the owner wants to spend money 😭

Well he can spend a 3rd of the money on a special charger and still have a cub he can’t jump start with anything else on the place other than his said special charger. Or worse your special charger.

Or he can fix it right. That’s how I’d sell it and if he had told me it was 8v and didn’t want to spend the money refer to my response above. I’m 100 percent sure you have a supplier for good cub batteries and also cheap ones if they would rather.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back