801 Post hole digger

baydog1

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I have a 801. I found a Ford 903 post hole digger and bought it not even thinking about will
it work on my 801 because it's a 3 point hitch type and sure looks like it's about the right size for the tractor, then when I seen
the ford tag on it, I guess that sold me on it. Just started trying hooking it to the tractor and I'm still trying to figure out
how it hooks up. But my biggest worry since I've started wrestling with this digger is....Does anyone know if my 801 will lift this
digger high enough to get the auger off the ground?
Thanks,
Scotty

I have a 903 post hole digger as well. I've used it on both my 4600 and Jubilee. Your 801 will do just fine with it.

(quoted from post at 11:48:57 12/15/21) Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I have a 801. I found a Ford 903 post hole digger and bought it not even thinking about will
it work on my 801 because it's a 3 point hitch type and sure looks like it's about the right size for the tractor, then when I seen
the ford tag on it, I guess that sold me on it. Just started trying hooking it to the tractor and I'm still trying to figure out
how it hooks up. But my biggest worry since I've started wrestling with this digger is....Does anyone know if my 801 will lift this
digger high enough to get the auger off the ground?
Thanks,
Scotty

Search: N tractor Club manuals. You scroll down the index to post hole diggers and you will find an add brochure and a manual for a 903.

I replied to your other post but forgot to mention you remove your top link. The digger frame connects to the tractor where the top link goes.

Thanks RobCons. And you're exactly right! Never hooking up a digger before that was the first question I had was How does this
center link fit into all this...lol... I hook the top pin in the bottom hole of the tractor center link hook up to get the most
lift... I think that is how that goes.

Scotty

Your welcome. Dont run the tractor much over idle speed when using the auger and dont have anybody trying to push it in the ground. It will get hung on roots and rocks quick enough spinning slowly. It will also wrap somebody around itself very fast.

Thanks Fordfarmer. My ole 801 seems to have plenty of PTO power to run the digger. I dug a couple of holes and did it at almost an idle and it doesn't grunt or act like it's to heavy to lift just can't quite get the auger to clear the ground when the tractor is in full lift position. And the tractor has plenty of lift travel on the back lift arms. Digs great. Gear box runs slick. I think I just don't have something on or adjusted right or something might be bent or out of wack causing me to not get the little extra lift I need. But It sure looks like if I do find the extra lift I need to clear the auger off the ground the PTO shaft is going to stretch out so far it going to separate because the square stock end that connects to the tractor's PTO shaft isn't gonna be quite long enough. It's gonna take some head scratching, a tape measure and patience to figure it out. I got to. I've got 16 4x4's to put in the ground. Living in the woods,the tree roots are the pain and they're everywhere. So digging around here ain't a easy task with a set of hand post hole digger. I dug 1 hole with the hand digger. Had to use a hatchet, a spade shovel and a small chainsaw. I started the second hole and throwed everything in a pile and said there's got to be a easier way. And the 903 digger is the ticket, just got to do some tweaking on it cause I ain't digging all them holes! Thanks

Scotty

Dad bought a 903 auger new in 63, we still have it and have dug hundreds of post holes for fencing using dads 800 or Dexta
I think it has a 3 foot auger and clears the ground by over a foot
It's not used much these days as I have a power auger for my skid steer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back