806 turbo replacement

CP1

806 with an M&W turbo 12E-023 Rajay

Is there an aftermarket replacement for this turbo? Possibly could be rebuilt, dont know what the internals look like. Just wondering what others
have done or options to put a turbo back on?

Thanks

I have kinda wondered that too, mine is still good but, i see my 1995 GMC pickup has a Rajay also. But i would talk to a Diesel Pump shop, they could or would know who to talk too! Maybe Diesel Tech will chime in!

Try Michigan Turbo in Grand Rapids MI they do a large business with turbos from stock to performance for both trucks and tractors.

What your looking for is a 3 in and 3 out with somewhere of 12- 15 psi boost range Will they now be a direct fit , more then likely NOT . Way back when the 806 first hit this are in Sept of 63 my old boss bought the vary first one in the state and had it bought before the general pubic saw it and the next weekend my uncle bought the second one to hit a dealer lot And before both were two weeks old they both had turbos on them . Installed by wild Bill Dunkle of General Maintenance Diesel . They were Turbinque (SP )turbos . That same year the T D 15 B came out powered by the D T 361 , now on that engine it was a little different then the D 361 as it had two cooling oil jets spraying oil on the bottom of the pistons where the D 361 only has one . Now i did not stay up on the industrial engines once i left the construction world as i no longer needed to know or a desire to even work on the big iron anymore . and with the D T 361 only being used in industrial and new when i did work on that sort of STUFF i never was into that engine . I do know some guys put that turbo set up on there farm tractors buy buying everything to make it a bolt on deal and changing the exhaust to come out the hole in the hood . The KITS for the farm tractor made the turbo set at and angel over top the valve cover . On the early engines the return when into the block by the fill dipstick , later blocks did not have that .
As long as the base will mount then one can adapt ,. Or see if ya can get what you have rebuilt

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back