jon f mn

After several more setbacks, the 830 is running. Started with a leaking radiator. The pipe the upper hose hooks to was leaking, so that required soldering. That is not my strong suit, but I was able to get it sealed. I did get it too hot and the tank started leaking too, but with stubbornness I was able to get everything sealed

cvphoto154109.jpg

After it was installed I found the drain cock leaking, and I got roo rough with that, so out with the radiator again to solder that.

cvphoto154110.jpg

Then when draining the tank I got this. At first I thought it was algae, but its not. Any guesses what it is? Won't drain out without pressuring the tank. Smells like old paint. I poured in some gas that seamed to cut it some.

cvphoto154111.jpg

Took a while and a couple rinses, but I think its all gone. Looked black in the shed, but its actually red, so I'm thinking it's the red dye from the farm fuel.

So here is a short video of the first start. Started pretty good I think. After fixing a few fuel leaks I started it and got it warm, then retorqued the heads. After that I moved it outside and let it run foe a while. It was getting too hot, so I figured the thermostat was stuck so I put a new one in. Now it doesn't over heat anymore, but still gets warmer at idle. At full throttlebit runs at 190, but at idle it goes over 200. I'm not sure what I will do about that yet. I did hoo it to the disc for a bit this morning and it ran well. Heat stayed right at 190 when running and climbed a bit under load, but never go hot. Still gets warmer at idle tho. Going to need to make some adjustments to the pump as it's not quite right. Rpms are too low and it doesn't smoke hardly at all even under heavy load. I'll get some hours on it first, then do some tweaking.
First start

Oops, thus was for the case page. I was going to do a post about the whole project here later. Sorry

Not complaining about the post on the wrong board. I visit that board for the pictures posted.

Vito

I would suspect a poor impeller on the water pump by the getting hot idling also the fact that it runs as hot as 190 working would be a sign of to hot of a themostat or possibly partially plugged block.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back