Hobo,NC
Well-known Member
- Location
- Sanford, NC
(quoted from post at 23:22:33 02/28/23)(quoted from post at 07:58:52 02/28/23)(quoted from post at 09:15:52 02/28/23)before you [i:f93e4aae04]buy[/i:f93e4aae04] it. see belowWhat better time to check than before you install it?
Take it as my tip of the day.
BTW its printed in the description, key is removable in the on and off position.
well, if and when i ever have to replace my cheap switch, i'll be sure not to get one of those. that 'feature' is a dealbreaker for me. i asked about the behavior of the cheap switch before i ordered them. if the key could come out with the switch on, i wouldn't have bought them. when the key is in my pocket, i know the ignition is off. i like that.
One day you may find the key is in the switch and in the on position and the switch is at fraught.... Its a pattern failure of those garbage switches, I doubt you will like that.
If you read the notes an interchange of the part number list a stitch that works as reported and can be picked up local... You gotta like that.
I did not make the failure of those cheap switches up, they earned their reputation : (.
i didn't say anything about your assessment being fictional. my point was simply that to me, any switch, no matter how well-made or expensive, that allows the key to come out while in the on position is garbage to begin with. that was all.
Cool, but that function can be useful in some applications. The first time I remember using that switch was when I made a Ho-made burglar alarm. YES, when I turned it on I thought it was neat I could take the key with me : )