8n not running right....

Snow

New User
Got a 49 8n, just put a new carb. on and got it adjusted to specs. Runs great in Idle but when it is under a load or going uo heel it wants to stall out. Any suggestions?
 
Take note of the position of the big screw on the carb.

Then open it 1/4 turn. If that doesn't change anything open it 1/4 turn again.

If that doesn't make a difference, put it back where you started, and we will go farther, do post back.
 
Snow, I know you didn't say that you messed with the spark plug wires...but just in case you did, I once swapped (accidently) the #3 and #4 wires. She started fine and idled smoothly and would throttle up with no problems. As soon as I engaged the PTO with cutter on it, she would cough and sputter and quit...thm
 
Try choking it when it hesitates. If that helps then increase the high speed jet a half round to see if that helps.

Be sure there is no water in the fuel valve glass bowl. Water in the carburetor can cause the same symptoms.

Zane
 
Thanks, That was it... I had Family here helping with some projects and we did replace spark plugs.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top