Devious

Member
I purchased a 8N and it is GOLD and Red. Is there any history behind a Gold N other than the one advertising model I saw somewhere in the past. I am thinking of removing the tin and repainting it all gray. Wheels and all. Devious
 
8n's are ford red with ford gray sheet metal. The gold would be a golden jubilee, and only the hood emblem is gold. I've seen these old fords red & gray blue & gray all red all yellow and all orange. I've even seen one painted green. anymore if it's not going to be a show or parade tractor, it seems to be a matter of preference. John
 
Thanks I probably knew that but wasn t sure so I asked. The paint job isn t that good so I will probably get my grand kids to unhimge all the tin and we will make it a red and gray Ford 8N. I have to go into the spindles and the steering bax to try and get it drivable from being so hard to turn anyway so a little more stuff to do won t hurt. Devious
 
I thought that the dealers received 8ns painted gold and they were demostrater models. If this is so it might be best to leave it gold.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top