931 case 401 turbo

I have just purchased a 931 and was doing some research on it, and found a turbo for a 401 engine and was wondering if it was for a 970 or a 930 or if there was even a difference. I would like to install a turbo but I was just wondering how big of a job it would be or if it was even possible without a major overhaul.
 
The 401 engine in a 930 is not a direct injection engine. The turbo causes turbulance in the combustion chamber that is detrimental to the injection spray pattern in the engine. It will cause extremely high exhaust temps and very little increase in HP. The 401 engine in a 970 is a direct injection engine and will respond very well to a turbo. Save your money. That 401 will blow the doors off a 4020 anyway.
 
30 series has round ports , 70 series has square ports so they don't interchange, M&W rated the 930 at 112hp with their turbo set up and I am sure that was after extensive tuning, saying that someday I am going to put a blower on my 830ck
 
A buddy had a 1030 turbo and my naturally aspirated 1030 would hang right with it. When CASE put a hair dryer on the 1200 it was a huge engineering feat and they had to modify the heads to get it to work right. Leave it alone and buy a 970.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top