ccaissie

Anybody ever use their 9N for road grading, touchup?

Was there ever an attachment available...Front, Belly mount?

I know there were snow plow and york rakes....

Sources?

If there was a demand, there was an attachment. It just depended on how big a job you were tackling, and whether or not you planned on using the tractor for anything else!
cvphoto158011.jpg

cvphoto158012.jpg

cvphoto158013.jpg

Had the front mount blade for snow and rear 3 pt blade for maintaining a half mile of driveway.

(quoted from post at 08:14:00 07/08/23)
Anybody ever use their 9N for road grading, touchup?

Was there ever an attachment available...Front, Belly mount?

I know there were snow plow and york rakes....

Sources?

if you get one of those dearborn graders and live near me, give me a call, please :)

any particular reason you don't want to use a back blade?

I have a 1/4 mile driveway that needs some reshaping, probably more work than a back blade, but between a grubhoe and a 3-point blade should be able to gradually get it in
shape.

So next question...who has one of these in the Central Maine area? Where's the local tractor club?
Since I do metal fab, maybe make one? How to control the blade, re: tilt might be an issue.

What "one of these" are you asking about? The grader, the rear blade, afront blade?

Central Maine can cover a lot of area, how about within 25 miles of what major town are you looking for?

There is the Maine Antique Tractor Club. Here is a link to their website.

https://maineantiquetractorclub.com/

Looking for a rear 3 point blade. Tractor Supply has one for $600

think I could get mmy drive done with just the rear blade.

There are several used ones (and some new) on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, if you use those places. About any dealer selling tractors have or can get the blades in one or two brands. Scott's Recreation has several locations, and they sell attachments.

Shop around some and look them over. The lowest cost is not always the best deal. The lower cost ones are often built light and easily bent if you catch a corner on a rock or root that doesn't move. A heavily built used one may be a better blade than the new one, even if the new cost is less.

A box blade, with scarifier teeth, can work things up if you need to level and move material around. Use the teeth to loosen up compacted material and the box blade holds it in on the ends so you can drag it to low spots. The drawback to a box blade would be it won't move snow as well as a regular rear blade which can angle or turn around to push with.

i used to stack a few crates of rocks on my back blade and grade the road in front of my house. of course, it helped that it wasn't grown in. it also helped that the folks with the heavy equipment paid for by my tax money finally took the job over (better late than never, they say. it's true in this case).

I've been grading the dirt driveway and plowing the snow with same 3-pt back blade 35 years now. Need tire chains in the snow.

If you put a crown on the driveway it holds up to rains much better. Recycled asphalt paving is a good choice of material. Not too expensive and packs down to a hard surface

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back