9N tire tread design

Ron Vale

Member
Wondering what tread would give better traction for plowing,discing,raking,bush hogging. 45 degree or 23 degree and why?
 
It's an interesting question but I don't know the answer. The different angles could have something to do with the amount of pavement use the tire gets.
You do know that whichever angle is best neither can have as much effect on traction as ballast will. Even turf tires will perform better with wheel weights or liquid ballast.
 
I am guesing that is the degree of angle of the tread to the sidewall. I would think 45 degree would be the more agressive design and you certainly want the most agressive when it comes to plowin - n - disc'n.
 
I've consistently had better traction in snow with the 23 degree lugs. I've witnessed it on several tractors with several different brands.
 
The old 45 degree chevrons are hard to beat, Ron, but you will not notice the difference except in vibration on pavement.

Dean
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top