A really sad sight.

Hi redforlife. I agree with your comments. He is however still selling to individuals as well. And I dont know the details but I dont think it is an estate thing. Just a guy wanting to downsize as he plans on keeping a bunch. Nice texting with you.

(quoted from post at 18:45:45 03/07/23) Im not sure on a price for some of them. Hes got more than 50 to sell yet. Ill know more when I get there next week. Hope I can make it early next week.

Be sure to pay a price that will not get you chastised here on YT!!

You are not allowed to pay scrap price because that is considered to be bad manners by some here.

I have 12 that is really where they need to go and there will still be 8 or 10 that should be on chopping block. Sell a part every once in while so just hang on to them.

I was lucky enough to help save a couple. wish i could have saved more, but there were simply too many and the offer from the scrapper was very good.

cvphoto149357.jpg

cvphoto149358.jpg

Thanks. What you said was kind of my point.

Once someone is gone, no, it won't pencil
out for the estate. But, maybe it would
pencil out for that someone in retirement
who has the time, before it does become an
estate.

I don't know the details of this situation.
Sounds like the guy is liquidating his own
stuff. But if that is just one load of his
stuff he is sending down the road, it looks
like alot being liquidated at one time.
Even this one load, looks like a lot for
one day.
Who knows? Maybe this gent doesn't have
time on his side. No recipe will fit all.

its not the scrap price that pizzes me off... its them getting scrapped. and Canadian tractors to boot. if i won the lottery i would have
bought them just so they sit at my place. i have never saw so many massey tractors in one place.

wonder why the scrap price is a secret.? cause they sure are not going to pay the going scrap rate price cause they need to make money . and i have yet to see or hear of a scrapper pay the going rate. i think it might be 1/2 of scrap price just like them pickers.

In my area if you were to haul a complete tractor like ones pictured, they would buy it as mixed iron for 7 cents per pound. But wait, they still have tires on them so they will deduct X amount they determine for the weight of tires. And that's still not all, you still have the tire disposal fee, so another deduction. You wouldn't have much left after all that. But, they do set the better stuff that comes in off to the side and you can buy it from the yard too, so you would have a second chance to get something. I also understand scrappers making deals on large quantities of iron too, they've been in the game a long time and know how to make the most money out of it.

I dont think the scrap price is a secret. Just have to call the scrap yards and they will tell you what they are paying. I know where Im at here the prices vary lots between scrap yards.

Thats not what I mean. I mean what the guy is selling them for or what the buyer is paying. I know scrap price but what is the actual price ? As I said before say if its 250.00 a ton,then a 6000 lb tractor is 750.00 , I dont think them scrappers are paying 750.00 for these. Plus the fuel to haul them. If they said 400-500 that would be more believable. Plus u get one ton of calcium in some of them tires. They got to do something with that. Thats why I am saying its a secret cause there is no actual facts on the price.

I always struggled with combine demo derbies. I would see parts I needed down on the track getting smashed.....

Paul

Most of those tractors look to be un-restored. Could the seller simply be liquidating the unstarted projects that he will never have time to complete? Most of us enjoy hanging on to our hobbies for as long as possible, until health changes, moving, or some other major life event forces the issue to sell within a short time.

Even in a hot collector's market like today it is still very hard to get much more than scrap price for complete non-running seventy year old tractors. Usable tires are easily worth more than the rest of a non-running tractor. Today those tractors from the 1940s to mid-1950s are not very practical anymore, much like Fordson tractors were back when we were young. They are not new enough to attract younger collectors and they are way too common to ever be rare.

What the guy is selling the tractors for is none of our business.

If this guy is selling to individuals, and is not done selling, he is not letting anything good or anything he thinks could be saved go down the road on the scrap trailer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back