A - Timing Cover Re-install help request

Tims-A

New User
I have had the timing cover on my A off to inspect the weld on the right front of the engine block casting. Yes, I have the right front broken block blues. The weld appears sound, so I am ready to re-install the timing cover. The engine is supported in a cradle on each side of the oil pan. How tough is it to remove the front oil seal support?(Bottom front of the block) Can I remove two oil pan screws and sneak it out the front? How do you feel about using gasket sealant on the timing cover? My new crank seal does not press tightly into the timing cover, how to secure it? Experience is a good thing, lay it on me.
Thanks,
Tim
 
Are you sure you have the correct seal? I would inspect the hub on the damper pulley for a worn groove usually caused by the old seal rubbing the hub. A speedi-sleeve will cover the worn area.
I think that seal should fit tight in the cover.
Hal
 
I searched the archive. I found I have a speedy sleeve on the pulley already. Now I need to replace that, and get a new seal to match. Will NAPA provide this? Where do I get a speedy sleeve and seal combo.
Can I heat the old one to remove it?

Thanks again
Tim
 
You have to remove the steering assy to get the damper pulley off then you can access the front seal in the timing cover as it will not come off until the damper pulley is removed.
 
Good Afternoon Tim,
Most of your NAPA dealers will be able to provide you with any size speedy sleeve and a new seal also !

A little trick have used in the past, is when re installing your pulley move the pulley so that the worn section is just foward of were the new seal rides on that diameter ! I have also polished that diameter to provide a nice smooth surface for the new seal !

scotty
 
Your Case/IH dealer may have the combo too. Hal
PS: Picture
6q0cv8i.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top