A4.203 white smoke.

rct2000

New User
Hello.
MF50A with Perkins A4.203. Had a hard time starting till it wouldn't start at all. Injection pump was then rebuilt. Now the tractor starts at the very first crank (amazing). However, I notice white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Hard for me to tell whether is really white or blue smoke by looking at it. If I had to pick, I'd say it is white. Not lots of smoke, yet noticeable. And it is constant, not only when the engine is cold. I have also noticed every now and then a metallic sound, which I assume may be engine detonation. I have some experience with gasoline engines, not so much with these old diesels. Wondering why the smoke and detonation. At this point:
- I have not performed a compression test.
- Injectors have not been tested either.
The injector pump mounting base holes are slotted, allowing for a certain angle adjustment. I aligned the pump as per the original factory mark, but wondering if this adjustment could be related to the smoking.
Any inputs, please?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back