Adding a SCV to a tractor

TJH72

Member
I am looking to add an additional SCV to my 1967 Farmall 706. I need an additional set to running the marker controls on my corn planter. I heard of a unit call a fossi or fossa valve. It electrically switches from on set of SCVs to another. I am not sure how to spell it. Does anyone know the proper spelling and where I can go to get one? It seemed like a solution that did not cost a bunch of money. I live on Ohio. If anybody has any other ideas I am open to those as well.

Thanks,
TJH72
 
I went to my caseih dealer when I was looking for one. They had it in stock. cost me around $500. was about the same if I ordered it and payed for shipping. Works really good
 
You could get a double spool open center valve and mount it on the fender or other convenient location. Run the pressure and return lines to the tractor remotes and lock the hyd lever in the raise position to feed it oil. Run lines to the rear of the tractor and add couplers. Would probably cost less than the Fasse valve and you would have true dual remotes, not someting you have to switch back and forth.
I would have suggested getting factory parts to add a second remote, but would probably be pricey even from a salvage yard, if you could even find them.
 
Those valves work OK but here's the deal.

One set of ports are active all the time with the flip of your hydraulic lever forward and back.

The other doesn't work till you hold the button down with mine.

See if you can get one that has a switch instead of a button to hold down.

That would be better, flip the switch one way for one set of ports and then flip the switch the otherway for the other set of ports.

That way you don't have to hold the button down while running the lever.

Gary
splitter.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top