Adjusting throttle control linkage on 60 low seat

DanDDeere

I am trying to set the governor and throttle linkage on a tractor that I have got running.

I am following the steps as shown below from the John Deere 60 Standard-Orchard Tractor OPERATORS MANUAL.
I am OK following the steps shown below. (steps 1, 2 & 3)
mvphoto91286.png

When I get to step #4, I get lost. I don't know what is meant by "adjust governor arm stop screw." I cannot find it in the reference illustration in the manual. When I stop the engine, the throttle goes to full open position. There is no way for me to move the throttle stop screw to obtain the 1/8 inch gap mentioned. With the throttle lever pulled fully back, (engine off) there is a gap of about 1 inch between the governor spring and the stop block on the end of the governor arm.

mvphoto91288.png

The parts list for this tractor does not show a governor arm stop screw.

mvphoto91289.png

Is there a different method for setting the governor linkage?

My main reason for doing this adjustment is because the governor was just too 'jumpy' or overcompensating when starting out in the higher gears.

Thank you for the reply. That's what I suspected about #29. The parts list refers to it as a set screw. I was hesitant to mess with the govenor without being certain.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back