Advice on tractor w/ 3-pt.

I have 5 ac. that I mow w/ a farmall 'b' and Woods belly mower. I need to start fencing/post-hole digging, as I'm finally building a house & pond there. I need a tractor w/ 3-pt setup, and a little more power than my 'B'. Also would prefer a wide front end. This would be my all around tractor; back-blade, mower, auger, possible front-end loader, etc. My 'B' would be back-up for towing/pulling, mowing, etc. I have little knowledge of tractors other than my 'B', and the 'C' my granddad had. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sam

Ford 601 or 801 series. If you can find it a model 661 or 861 which would have live PTO. Oliver Super 55 or 550, and the list can go on and on. Big thing would be parts support in your area.
Hobby farm

Always price new before purchasing old stuff.
Sometimes it"s a shock how something new costs no more than good used with it"s minor repairs and tires etc over a few years.

I have a Oliver Super 55 Diesel. Very efficient on fuel and will do everything and then some that I need to do. I wouldn't part with mine. It has 6 forward 2 reverse, independent PTO, remote hydraulics, factory drawbar. Very good little tractors.

Friends who have small used stuff lots say all the homeowners gotta have 4wd compact diesel so the older 2 wheels are the bargains. My seven tractors range from 1946 to 2001 and I probably enjoy my old 4cyl. fords the most because its more like work when I'm on my newer ones.

All of Evilboweviel's choices are good. My preference is the Oliver 550, primarily because of the independent PTO (PTO operated by a lever, "independent" of the clutch pedal or anything else) and convenient size. Try to get power steering in whatever you choose, pretty much crucial if you have a loader.

BTW, I have a grandson whose first and middle names are Samuel Chapman. Chapman is in honor of his late maternal grandfather.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back