Aermotor Windmill Tower

kpowl

Member
Hello,

I am in the process of restoring a windmill head to erect on my grandfathers' property where one used to stand. I have an 8 ft. Aermotor wheel and I am looking for an original 4 legged Aermotor tower. I will need one either 33ft. or 40ft. tall. Does anyone know of one for sale? I am located in central Indiana so the closer the better for me. I know that new towers are available but would rather have an original tower to refurbish to go with my original wheel. Thanks for any information.
 
HI,
You might want to check with someone in an Amish community nearby. Here in Iowa, there are several Amish folks who collect and repair old windmills. I know there are some Amish in Indiana, too.
Good Luck and God Bless,
Tommy
 
You may want to try vintage windmills . com - lots of good info there. I"m sure someone will be able to help you out
 
I buy and sell a few windmills as well. Windmills are just like tractors for me in the fact that every one I see catches my eye. There are a ton of towers without heads. Good towers are easier to come by than good heads. Just let the word out in your local area that you are looking for one or put an ad in the local paper and I'm sure one will fall right into your lap.
 
Just in case you don't know you can order anything brand new. I think the casting numbers of 602 is the latest production. I'm not sure anyone can affors the new parts, just that they are avalable. Google Areomotor to get to their website. I wish I lived in the country, as they are just so neat, weather practical or not.
 
You can check with RODMAN WELDING, in Jasper Minnesota. The owner there has a fantastic display of various windmills. Collects them from all over the country. Might know of some in your area.
 
An interesting footnote: in the Depression the government contracted with Aeromotor to build forest fire watch towers for the state parks the WPA was building around the country.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top