Ag Maxx Double Action Sickle Bar Mower

Someone has an Ag Maxx double action sickle bar mower for sale that is pretty close to where I'm at. I've done a bunch of research on this type of mower and for my current set up I think one would be a good fit. I currently run an IH 120 and really like it but I'm tired of the plugging in heavy or down hay crops. I do about 30 acres twice a season so can't justify buying a used disc mower. My question is, has anyone had any experience with the brand Ag Maxx? Can't find much on them but it looks like an Enorossi mower. The guy is asking $1200 is this a good price? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Never heard of something like that and dought you would ever find any parts to fix. Probably why he wants to get rid of it to a sucker, you. Rebuild your present mower.

I don't know where it's made but it looks identical to an Enorossi mower so I may make a few calls to some dealers and see what they say about it. I've replaced all of the cutter bar components on the IH within the last 2 seasons I've had it. It's sharp and ready but will get plugged going into and over mowed hay on the last rows or get plugged up on downed standing hay when it gets really thick. It just takes longer than I have time to make hay. That's why I thought about this double action as supposedly they are very hard to plug and can travel in a faster gear cutting.

A neighbor has that type. He only uses it for trimming around the farm, which is very hard on it. He has no trouble getting parts,
but thinks the prices are outrageous. So, I have no idea how it would work in tangled hay.

I have seen that type mower with different names on them. I assume they're all made by the same company. But that's an assumption!
The northeast distributor is Cummings & Bricker. They sell through many local dealers.

Thank You! I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they carry parts. I really like this mower and I'm hoping it all works out. Thanks again!

I know nothing of sickle bar mowers, but you are correct -- there is VERY little online about Ag-Maxx, mowers or otherwise. I did, however, find a parts website that advertises Ag-Maxx. I would suggest contacting them and asking them your questions:

https://msimplement.com/parts-service/

I would also ask if the Ag-Maxx mower is a rebadged Farm-Maxx, Enorossi, BEFCO or other. Do they keep spare parts on hand? Are parts for this mower readily available?

Hope this helps a little.

I have seen the Amish use them. Saw one
cut thru a bale of hay. Run smooth and
never plug. I also think they are all the
same. Maybe Enrossi makes them all.

I did a trademark search for Ag-maxx. The tradename was registered in 2004, and was dropped in 2012. It was used by a company called ACI distributors of Missouri. They are still in business but no longer use the Ag-maxx name. Link provided.
ACI distributors

(quoted from post at 03:14:11 01/03/22) I did a trademark search for Ag-maxx. The tradename was registered in 2004, and was dropped in 2012. It was used by a company called ACI distributors of Missouri. They are still in business but no longer use the Ag-maxx name. Link provided.
ACI distributors

Poking around at the ACI website, yes, it seems they are simply re-badged Enorossi, which they now sell as "durabilt." They are sold under several names in the US. The brochure link takes you to an Enorossi brochure.

this helps me a ton guys. I'll call and check availability of the common wear points like guards, sections and rivets and then see how I come out with buying it. I really hope it works out. Thanks again!

I have seen the Amish use them. Saw one
cut thru a bale of hay. Run smooth and
never plug. I also think they are all the
same. Maybe Enrossi makes them all.

(quoted from post at 04:38:23 01/03/22) this helps me a ton guys. I'll call and check availability of the common wear points like guards, sections and rivets and then see how I come out with buying it. I really hope it works out. Thanks again!

Depending on the model, they are over $5K new, so you would get a significant discount. Some have riveted sections, others are bolted. Apparently the hydraulic fold is an option (for an extra $365).

Do what you want, but it would be nice to know why it is being sold. If the seller is moving up to bigger equipment that is one thing, but on the other hand, if it didn't work for him, will it work for you?

The videos look pretty slick but require rear remote hydraulics which I don't have. I use an IH 100 and the plugging can be a problem, which the double-acting sickle seems to reduce. Let us know how it works out (in the summer!). Good luck, Dave

This post was edited by Dave41A on 01/03/2022 at 12:04 pm.

I believe it is at a small dealership but could be wrong. It is manual lift instead of hydraulic which could be a pain but I'm young so I won't complain... Much lol. I'll let everyone know how I come out. Thanks everyone for all the help and advice!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back